Microsoft Dynamics AX for consumer packaged goods (CPG) manufacturing and distribution
The Microsoft Dynamics AX solution offers an integrated application that delivers a powerful technology for Consumer Packaged Goods manufacturers and distributors.
Consumer packaged goods (CPG) distributors face big challenges selling to the fiercely competitive and rapidly evolving retail industry. Intense price stress at the retail level puts pressure on distributors and leads to small margins. Alternatives such as mail order, catalog sales, and direct sales bypass the traditional distribution channels altogether, forcing companies to add value to their services to retain customers.
The global consumer packaged goods (CPG) manufacturing business serves customers ranging from small shops and convenience stores to mega-store chains and warehouse clubs. Margins are slim and competition is fierce. And there are hundreds of product categories.
Microsoft Dynamics AX will help your business succeed by increasing your products' speed from time of concept to arrival on the store shelf, by removing operational waste, and by meeting the demands of your retail customers and consumers.
Issues facing CPG customers
Why Microsoft Dynamics for CPG manufacturers?
Meet retailer demands
- Respond quickly to real-time demands from your customers
- Support a Demand Driven Supply Network (DDSN)
- Enhance the efficiency of your supply chain
- Integrate RFID and other technologies with your internal systems
- Monitor the flow of products to your customers
- Support promotional pricing changes
- Optimize inventory levels and create perfect orders
- Build customer satisfaction and loyalty
Anticipate consumer trends
- Predict what is going to sell and be prepared to deliver it
- Make effective decisions by diving deep into market data
- Gather information and get approvals quickly
- Evaluate, redesign, and improve existing products
- Manage finished goods shelf life and packaging changes
- Promote effective brand management
- Deliver a single, real-time view of data from multiple departments
- Enhance communications within and between departments
- Simplify pick, pack, and ship operations
- Efficiently manage your assets using planning, forecasting, and business analytics
- Collaborate more effectively with partners and suppliers
Microsoft Dynamics AX Benefits for Consumer Packaged Goods
- Just-in-Time (JIT) production
- Supply chain transparency and collaboration
- Integrated bar code and RFID systems
- Cross-company collaborative product development
- Detailed reports to suppliers with data from customer forecasts
- A single view of multiple facilities and departments
- Industry and customer specific reports to identify and prioritize potential areas of cost savings